Carbondale, IL Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Dixon’s Carbondale Motorcycle Crash Lawyers help clients throughout Missouri and Illinois.
Motorcycle Accident Attorney Carbondale, IL. As a leading motorcycle wreck attorney in Carbondale, Christopher Dixon offers legal counsel to injury victims and their families. The Dixon Injury firm has collected more than 35 million in settlements in motorcycle accident cases
Based in Illinois and Missouri, the Carbondale motorcycle wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm counsel victims and their families through the claims process. At Dixon, we know how challenging it can be for victims to handle claims considering recovery time, lost wages, and other expenses.
Dixon’s other legal capabilities include:
We offer a contingency payment plan, meaning we only charge if we win the case. Call Us now at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review.
Carbondale Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
Fighting a motorcycle crash case in Carbondale takes attention to detail and action. It’s important for victims to be in touch with an attorney as soon as possible.
The Dixon Injury Firm recommends that clients and their families hire a motorcycle wreck attorney as quickly as possible. Attorneys will investigate the accident and launch the claim. Typically, this means sending a letter of settlement and intent to the other party, then, if it’s not answered, opening a claim.
Speed is critical. Why? Delays may lead to evidence decay, such as skid marks washing away and road conditions to change and GPS data being deleted. Our Firm needs to move quickly to ensure a win for clients. Even more so, a speedy trial allows the Dixon attorneys to get victims the reimbursement they deserve to pay for expenses like medical bills and lost wages due to injuries.
Motorcycle Accident and Fatality Stats
Here are a couple of national and local motorcycle injury statistics worth taking note of.
- The IIHS says riders are 29-times more likely to be in a fatal motorcycle wreck than a car wreck. In 2016, this totals to about 5,000 fatalities (or nearly 13 percent of car accident deaths).
- Almost 33 percent of motorcycle fatalities are a result of speeding (via the NHTSA). Most of the fatalities occurred on non-interstate roads.
- About 50 percent of touring, supersport, and standard motorcycle riders didn’t have helmets on. (Safety first!)
- There are about 88,000 motorcycle injuries per year, according to the III, or more than 1 percent of registered motorcycle owners.
- About 33 percent of the 5,286 motorcycle deaths involve alcohol. 27 percent showed more than .08 blood alcohol content.
- HG Legal Resources reports 75 percent of motorcycle wrecks involve another vehicle (typically a passenger car. Vehicle failure makes up only 3 percent of all wrecks.
- The mean cost of a motorcycle injury is $5,825, according to Stat News in 2017, several thousand dollars more.
A number of wrecks involve riders that are both new and don’t have insurance. Common causes include not being visible to other drivers, lane changes, and intersections. The Motorcycle Injury Lawyers in Carbondale are prepared to provide legal counsel to victims.
Do You Need a Carbondale Motorcycle Crash Lawyer?
An important reason to seek out a personal injury or motorcycle lawyer after a crash is to fight insurance companies. According to the Department of Motor Vehicles, a few of the main reasons to contact a motorcycle attorney are as follows:
- If you are injured, a lawyer will act as an advocate for your case, allowing you time to recover.
- People in accidents are likely to lose wages and have high medical bills. Coupled with various other injuries, these factors may become debilitating to your quality of life. A Carbondale motorcycle wreck lawyer can help.
- Some victims won’t hire attorneys because of these financial factors. However, the Carbondale motorcycle laywers at Dixon only charge legal fees if they win the claim.
Veteran Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Carbondale, IL
Including workers compensation, truck and car accidents, and personal injury, Chris Dixon specializes in a variety of areas. Regarding Carbondale motorcycle crashes, these include:
You can read through our results and recent cases for additional information about our success as Carbondale Motorcycle Injury Lawyers. Here’s some additional things to know about Dixon’s legal services in Carbondale, Carbondale:
- How much would legal counsel cost to start a motorcycle injury case? Cost depends on the type of the case. Dixon charges based on a contingency payment agreement, which means you are only charged if we win the claim, which allows you to focus on other expenses and recovery.
- How big is a settlement if we win a claim? Again, there are variables to consider. Some states use comparative fault and other laws in regards to insurance claims. In a trial, a win may match or exceed lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Our Carbondale Motorcycle Lawyers can give clients with more info about rewards and settlements.
- What’s next? The first step is to call Dixon’s accident lawyers at (314) 409-7060. Our lawyers can help clients through the complicated legal process with grade-A Carbondale legal representation.
Contact Your Carbondale Motorcycle Lawyer Today
The Carbondale motorcycle crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm have earned victims and their families upwards of $50 million in compensation. View Dixon Injury Firm’s recent victories. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for additional info about a free case review and consultation from your Carbondale Motorcycle Injury Lawyers.
Types of Carbondale, IL, Injury Law:
Dixon Injury Firm | Motorcycle Crash Lawyer Service Areas
Christopher Dixon is proud to provide legal counsel to clients throughout Missouri and Illinois. If you require a free case review and consultation after a motorcycle crash in Carbondale, Contact Chris Dixon right away. We also represent clients in these Missouri and Illinois areas: