Personal Injury Attorneys | Service Areas
Contact the Missouri and Illinois personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys. Our firm helps victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s essential for victims to seek out legal counsel that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact us today for additional information and a case review and free consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 in case victories for St. Louis personal injury clients. It’s critical to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Below, we provide a few statistics about St. Louis, MO, personal injury cases:
- Most injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About five percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s very important for families to contact a local St. Louis personal injury attorney ASAP if there’s a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Our legal services are free. We’re available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your personal injury claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Your Missouri-Based Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and crashes into another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Missouri and Illinois
There is likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in St. Louis, which is perfectly normal. Here are a handful of questions our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our detailed Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer. It also depends on which state the accident occurred in.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Dixon offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our personal injury attorneys today. We’re happy to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are St. Louis car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can download Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Louis injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in St. Louis, MO, are available 24/7.
Below, we’ve put together a list of our service areas to give you a better idea of the clients we serve in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.