Personal Injury Attorneys in Altamont, IL
Call the Altamont, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Altamont, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm helps clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is important for victims to seek out legal representation that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact us now for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Altamont personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has won more than $50 million in case and claim victories for Altamont personal injury clients and their families. It is critical to get top-notch legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury. Below, we provide a few statistics about Altamont, IL, personal injury claims:
- Most personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get depends on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s essential for families to contact a local Altamont personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there is a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Altamont personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Altamont personal injury claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Altamont, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Altamont personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered more than $50 million for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Altamont, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a few ways to go about this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, such as fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Altamont, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it can be to open a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Altamont, IL | FAQ
There is probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in Altamont, which is perfectly normal. Here are a couple of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s detailed Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- Will I have to go to trial? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Altamont personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Altamont, IL, specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our Altamont personal injury attorneys today. We’re glad to discuss cases that involve car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Altamont car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can download Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Altamont injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our Altamont, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Close to 40 million people are injured each year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Altamont victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Altamont, IL, are available 24/7.