Personal Injury Attorneys in Cahokia, IL
Call the Cahokia, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Cahokia, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm helps victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s crucial for victims to seek out legal counsel to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact us today for more information and a free consultation. Our Cahokia personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case victories for Cahokia personal injury clients. It is important to get top-notch legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Below, we provide a few statistics about Cahokia, IL, personal injury cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. About five percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s very important for families to reach out to a local Cahokia personal injury attorney ASAP if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Cahokia personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Cahokia personal injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Cahokia, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence, please reach out to our Cahokia personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered more than $50 million for clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Cahokia, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Below, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Cahokia, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it is to open a claim after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Cahokia, IL | FAQ
There is likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in Cahokia, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our detailed Personal Injury FAQ to learn more about the claims process.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Cahokia personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Cahokia, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our Cahokia personal injury attorneys now. We’re glad to discuss cases that involve car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Cahokia car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can read our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Cahokia injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our Cahokia, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Close to 40 million people are injured each year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Cahokia victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Cahokia, IL, are available 24/7.