Personal Injury Attorneys in Calhoun County, IL
Contact the Calhoun County personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Calhoun County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s important for victims to get legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact Dixon now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Calhoun County personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has won more than $35 million in case and claim victories for Calhoun County personal injury clients. It’s essential to get top-notch legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Below, we provide a few statistics about Calhoun County, IL, personal injury claims and cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive depends on multiple factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s essential for families to reach out to a local Calhoun County personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Calhoun County personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Calhoun County injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Calhoun County, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence, please reach out to our Calhoun County personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered more than $35 million for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Calhoun County Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver ignores a red light and crashes into a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Calhoun County, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it is to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Calhoun County | FAQ
There is likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in Calhoun County, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Calhoun County personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Calhoun County specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our Calhoun County personal injury attorneys right away. We are happy to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Calhoun County car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can download our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Calhoun County injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our Calhoun County Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Close to 40 million people are injured each year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Calhoun County victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Calhoun County, IL, are available 24/7.