Personal Injury Attorneys in Carbondale, IL
Contact the Carbondale, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Carbondale, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is important for victims to seek out legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact Dixon today for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Carbondale personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Dixon has won more than $35,000,000 in case and claim victories for Carbondale personal injury clients and their families. It’s crucial to get top-notch legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury. Below, we provide a few statistics about Carbondale, IL, personal injury claims:
- Most personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About five percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive depends on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s essential for families to get in touch with a local Carbondale personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Carbondale personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Carbondale injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Carbondale, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence, please reach out to our Carbondale personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered more than $35 million for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Carbondale, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to do this. Here, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and hits a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Carbondale, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it can be to open a claim or case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Carbondale, IL | FAQ
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Carbondale, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view the Dixon Injury Firm’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Only about five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Carbondale personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Carbondale, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Dixon offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our Carbondale personal injury attorneys right away. We’re glad to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Carbondale car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can download Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Carbondale injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Carbondale, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Nearly 40 million people are injured each year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Carbondale victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Carbondale, IL, are available 24/7.