Personal Injury Attorneys in Clinton County, IL
Call the Clinton County personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Clinton County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping clients in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s critical for victims to get legal counsel that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact us today for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Clinton County personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case and claim victories for Clinton County personal injury clients and their families. It’s crucial to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Below, we provide a few statistics about Clinton County, IL, personal injury cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s very important for families to reach out to a local Clinton County personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there is a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Clinton County personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Clinton County personal injury claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Clinton County, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence, please reach out to our Clinton County personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered more than $35 million for clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Clinton County Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a few ways to do this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and hits a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Clinton County, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Clinton County | FAQ
There’s probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in Clinton County, which is perfectly normal. Here are a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ if you want to learn more about the process for filing a claim.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Only about five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Clinton County personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Clinton County specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Dixon offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our Clinton County personal injury attorneys right away. We’re glad to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Clinton County car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for injured victims and their families. You can download Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Clinton County injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Clinton County Personal Injury Attorneys Now
More than 40 million people are injured every year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Clinton County victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Clinton County, IL, are available 24/7.