Personal Injury Attorneys in Collinsville, IL
Call the Collinsville, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Collinsville, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is important for victims to get legal representation to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact us today for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Collinsville personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million in case and claim victories for Collinsville personal injury clients and their families. It’s critical to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Here, we provide a few statistics about Collinsville, IL, personal injury claims:
- Most injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state your in, and fault are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s very important for families to contact a local Collinsville personal injury attorney ASAP if there’s a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Collinsville personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Collinsville personal injury claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Collinsville, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence, please reach out to our Collinsville personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered more than $50 million for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Collinsville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to go about this. Below, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and hits another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Collinsville, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Collinsville, IL | FAQ
There is probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Collinsville, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view our in-depth Personal Injury FAQ if you want to learn more about the process for filing a claim.
- Will I have to go to trial? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Collinsville personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Collinsville, IL, specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our Collinsville personal injury attorneys now. We’re happy to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Collinsville car accidents. We have recovered millions for injured victims and their families. You can read Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Collinsville injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Collinsville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Close to 40 million people are injured each year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Accepting an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Collinsville victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Collinsville, IL, are available 24/7.