Personal Injury Attorneys in Columbia, MO
Contact the Columbia, MO, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Columbia, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is critical for victims to seek out legal representation to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact Dixon now for more information and a free consultation. Our Columbia personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case victories for Columbia personal injury clients. It is critical to get top-notch legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Here, we provide a few statistics about Columbia, MO, personal injury cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About five percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive varies on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s essential for families to contact a local Columbia personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Columbia personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Columbia personal injury case go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Columbia, MO, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence, please reach out to our Columbia personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered more than $50 million for clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Columbia, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Below, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Columbia, MO, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to open a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Columbia, MO | FAQ
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in Columbia, which is perfectly normal. Here are a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view the Dixon Injury Firm’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ to learn more about the claims process.
- Will I have to go to trial? Probably not. Only about five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Columbia personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Columbia, MO, specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Dixon offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our Columbia personal injury attorneys right away. We are glad to discuss cases that involve car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Columbia car accidents. We have recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can download Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Columbia injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Columbia, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
More than 40 million people are injured every year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Columbia victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Columbia, MO, are available 24/7.