Personal Injury Attorneys in Des Peres, MO
Call the Des Peres, MO, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Des Peres, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm helps injured victims in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is essential for victims to seek out legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact us now for additional information and a free consultation. Our Des Peres personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case and claim victories for Des Peres personal injury clients. It’s crucial to get top-notch legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Below, we provide a few statistics about Des Peres, MO, personal injury cases:
- Most injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive varies on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state your in, and fault are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s very important for families to get in touch with a local Des Peres personal injury attorney ASAP if there is a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Des Peres personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Des Peres injury case go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Des Peres, MO, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Des Peres personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered more than $50 million for our clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Des Peres, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Below, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Des Peres, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to pursue a claim after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Des Peres, MO | FAQ
There is probably a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Des Peres, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view the Dixon Injury Firm’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ to learn more about the claims process.
- Will I have to go to trial? The odds say no. Only about five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Des Peres personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Des Peres, MO, specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Dixon offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our Des Peres personal injury attorneys right away. We’re happy to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Des Peres car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can download Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Des Peres injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Des Peres, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Close to 40 million people are injured every year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Des Peres victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Des Peres, MO, are available 24/7.