Personal Injury Attorneys in Effingham, IL
Contact the Effingham, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Effingham, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm helps clients in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is important for victims to get legal counsel that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact Dixon today for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Effingham personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case and claim victories for Effingham personal injury clients and their families. It’s important to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Effingham, IL, personal injury claims and cases:
- Most injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s very important for families to reach out to a local Effingham personal injury attorney ASAP if there is a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Effingham personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Effingham injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Effingham, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Effingham personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered more than $50 million for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Effingham, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Here, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and crashes into another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Effingham, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. Our firm understands how troubling it is to pursue a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Effingham, IL | FAQ
There’s probably a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in Effingham, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view the Dixon Injury Firm’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Only about five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Effingham personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Effingham, IL, specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Dixon offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our Effingham personal injury attorneys now. We’re glad to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Effingham car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can read Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Effingham injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our Effingham, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Nearly 40 million people are injured every year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Accepting an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Effingham victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Effingham, IL, are available 24/7.