Personal Injury Attorneys in Equality, IL
Contact the Equality, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Equality, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is important for victims to seek out legal representation to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact us now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Equality personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case and claim victories for Equality personal injury clients. It is important to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Equality, IL, personal injury claims and cases:
- Most injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s very important for families to get in touch with a local Equality personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there is a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC points out that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Equality personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Equality personal injury claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Equality, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Equality personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered more than $50 million for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Equality, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Here, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and hits a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Equality, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it is to pursue a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Equality, IL | FAQ
There is likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Equality, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view the Dixon Injury Firm’s detailed Personal Injury FAQ to learn more about the claims process.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Equality personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Equality, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Dixon offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our Equality personal injury attorneys today. We are glad to discuss cases that involve injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Equality car accidents. We have recovered millions for injured victims and their families. You can read Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Equality injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Equality, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Nearly 40 million people are injured each year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Equality victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Equality, IL, are available 24/7.