Personal Injury Attorneys in Evansville, IL
Contact the Evansville, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Evansville, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping clients in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s essential for victims to seek out legal counsel to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact us now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Evansville personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case victories for Evansville personal injury clients and their families. It is crucial to get top-notch legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Below, we provide a few statistics about Evansville, IL, personal injury cases:
- Most injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get depends on multiple factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s vital for families to contact a local Evansville personal injury attorney ASAP if there is a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Evansville personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Evansville injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Evansville, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence, please reach out to our Evansville personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered more than $35 million for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Evansville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Below, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Evansville, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, like paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Evansville, IL | FAQ
There is probably a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Evansville, which is perfectly normal. Here are a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ if you want to learn more about the process for filing a claim.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Evansville personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Evansville, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. The Dixon Injury Firm offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our Evansville personal injury attorneys right away. We’re happy to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Evansville car accidents. We have recovered millions for injured victims and their families. You can read our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Evansville injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Evansville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Nearly 40 million people are injured each year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Evansville victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Evansville, IL, are available 24/7.