Personal Injury Attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL
Contact the Fairview Heights, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is critical for victims to seek out legal representation to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact us now for additional information and a free case review and consultation. Our Fairview Heights personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case and claim victories for Fairview Heights personal injury clients. It’s critical to get top-notch legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Here, we provide a few statistics about Fairview Heights, IL, personal injury cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive varies on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s very important for families to contact a local Fairview Heights personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there is a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Fairview Heights personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Fairview Heights injury claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Fairview Heights, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Fairview Heights personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered more than $35 million for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Fairview Heights, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to do this. Below, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and hits a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it is to pursue a claim after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL | FAQ
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in Fairview Heights, which is perfectly normal. Here are a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view the Dixon Injury Firm’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ if you want to learn more about the process for filing a claim.
- Will I have to go to trial? Probably not. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Fairview Heights personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Dixon offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our Fairview Heights personal injury attorneys today. We’re happy to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Fairview Heights car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for injured victims and their families. You can read our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Fairview Heights injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Fairview Heights, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Nearly 40 million people are injured every year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Fairview Heights victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL, are available 24/7.