Personal Injury Attorneys in Highland, IL
Call the Highland, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Highland, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm helps victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is important for victims to seek out legal counsel that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact us today for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Highland personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million in case and claim victories for Highland personal injury clients. It is important to get top-notch legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Highland, IL, personal injury claims and cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s very important for families to get in touch with a local Highland personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there is a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Highland personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Highland injury claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Highland, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence, please reach out to our Highland personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered more than $35 million for clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Highland, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Below, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver blows through a stop sign and crashes into a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Highland, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Highland, IL | FAQ
There is probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Highland, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s detailed Personal Injury FAQ to learn more about the claims process.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Highland personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Highland, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. The Dixon Injury Firm offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our Highland personal injury attorneys now. We are glad to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Highland car accidents. We have recovered millions for injured victims and their families. You can read Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Highland injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Highland, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
More than 40 million people are injured every year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Highland victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Highland, IL, are available 24/7.