Personal Injury Attorneys in Jefferson County, MO
Call the Jefferson County personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Jefferson County, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is essential for victims to seek out legal representation that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact Dixon today for additional information and a free consultation. Our Jefferson County personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million in case victories for Jefferson County personal injury clients and their families. It’s crucial to get top-notch legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Jefferson County, MO, personal injury claims:
- Most personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive depends on multiple factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s crucial for families to reach out to a local Jefferson County personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Jefferson County personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Jefferson County personal injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Jefferson County, MO, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Jefferson County personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered more than $35 million for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Jefferson County Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Below, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver ignores a red light and crashes into a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Jefferson County, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a claim after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Jefferson County | FAQ
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Jefferson County, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our in-depth Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Jefferson County personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Jefferson County specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. The Dixon Injury Firm offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our Jefferson County personal injury attorneys now. We are happy to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Jefferson County car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can read our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Jefferson County injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Jefferson County Personal Injury Attorneys Today
More than 40 million people are injured every year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Jefferson County victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Jefferson County, MO, are available 24/7.