Personal Injury Attorneys in Jersey County, IL
Contact the Jersey County personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Jersey County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s essential for victims to seek out legal counsel to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact Dixon now for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Jersey County personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case victories for Jersey County personal injury clients. It’s critical to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Jersey County, IL, personal injury claims:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s vital for families to reach out to a local Jersey County personal injury attorney ASAP if there’s a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Jersey County personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Jersey County personal injury claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Jersey County, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Jersey County personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered more than $35 million for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Jersey County Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a few ways to go about this. Below, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver ignores a red light and hits another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Jersey County, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. Our firm understands how troubling it is to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Jersey County | FAQ
There is likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in Jersey County, which is perfectly normal. Here are a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s detailed Personal Injury FAQ to learn more about the claims process.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Jersey County personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Jersey County specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our Jersey County personal injury attorneys today. We are glad to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Jersey County car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can read our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Jersey County injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Jersey County Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Nearly 40 million people are injured each year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Jersey County victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Jersey County, IL, are available 24/7.