Personal Injury Attorneys in Jonesboro, IL
Call the Jonesboro, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Jonesboro, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm helps victims and their families in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s essential for victims to seek out legal counsel to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact us now for additional information and a free case review and consultation. Our Jonesboro personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million in case and claim victories for Jonesboro personal injury clients and their families. It’s crucial to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Jonesboro, IL, personal injury claims and cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get varies on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s very important for families to contact a local Jonesboro personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Jonesboro personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Jonesboro personal injury case go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Jonesboro, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Jonesboro personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered more than $50 million for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Jonesboro, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Here, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Jonesboro, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to open a claim or case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Jonesboro, IL | FAQ
There is likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Jonesboro, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Jonesboro personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Jonesboro, IL, specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our Jonesboro personal injury attorneys now. We are happy to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Jonesboro car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for injured victims and their families. You can read Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Jonesboro injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our Jonesboro, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Close to 40 million people are injured every year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Accepting an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Jonesboro victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Jonesboro, IL, are available 24/7.