Personal Injury Attorneys in Macoupin County, IL
Contact the Macoupin County personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Macoupin County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s crucial for victims to seek out legal counsel to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact us now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Macoupin County personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has won more than $35 million in case and claim victories for Macoupin County personal injury clients. It is essential to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Below, we provide a few statistics about Macoupin County, IL, personal injury claims and cases:
- The majority of injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s essential for families to contact a local Macoupin County personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Macoupin County personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Macoupin County personal injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Macoupin County, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Macoupin County personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered more than $35 million for our clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Macoupin County Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to do this. Below, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Macoupin County, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Macoupin County | FAQ
There is probably a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Macoupin County, which is perfectly normal. Here are a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our detailed Personal Injury FAQ to learn more about the claims process.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Only about five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Macoupin County personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Macoupin County specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our Macoupin County personal injury attorneys right away. We’re happy to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Macoupin County car accidents. We have recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can download our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Macoupin County injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our Macoupin County Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Nearly 40 million people are injured every year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Macoupin County victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Macoupin County, IL, are available 24/7.