Personal Injury Attorneys in Madison County, IL
Contact the Madison County personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Madison County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm helps victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s critical for victims to get legal representation that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact us now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Madison County personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Dixon has won more than $35,000,000 in case and claim victories for Madison County personal injury clients. It’s crucial to get top-notch legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Madison County, IL, personal injury cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state your in, and fault are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s crucial for families to get in touch with a local Madison County personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Madison County personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Madison County injury case go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Madison County, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Madison County personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered more than $35 million for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Madison County Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Madison County, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. Our firm understands how troubling it is to open a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Madison County | FAQ
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Madison County, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ if you want to learn more about the process for filing a claim.
- Will I have to go to trial? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Madison County personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Madison County specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Dixon offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our Madison County personal injury attorneys now. We’re glad to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Madison County car accidents. We have recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can download Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Madison County injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our Madison County Personal Injury Attorneys Now
More than 40 million people are injured every year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Madison County victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Madison County, IL, are available 24/7.