Personal Injury Attorneys in Marissa, IL
Contact the Marissa, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Marissa, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s essential for victims to get legal representation to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact Dixon now for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Marissa personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has won more than $50 million in case and claim victories for Marissa personal injury clients. It’s important to get top-notch legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Marissa, IL, personal injury cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. About 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get depends on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s essential for families to contact a local Marissa personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Marissa personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Marissa injury case go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Marissa, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence, please reach out to our Marissa personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered more than $50 million for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Marissa, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Here, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Marissa, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it is to pursue a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Marissa, IL | FAQ
There is likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Marissa, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view the Dixon Injury Firm’s detailed Personal Injury FAQ to learn more about the claims process.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Marissa personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Marissa, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Dixon offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our Marissa personal injury attorneys today. We are glad to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Marissa car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can read our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Marissa injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our Marissa, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Nearly 40 million people are injured each year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Marissa victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Marissa, IL, are available 24/7.