Personal Injury Attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO
Call the Maryland Heights, MO, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s essential for victims to get legal representation that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact Dixon today for more information and a free consultation. Our Maryland Heights personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case and claim victories for Maryland Heights personal injury clients and their families. It’s essential to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Maryland Heights, MO, personal injury claims:
- The majority of injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get varies on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s very important for families to get in touch with a local Maryland Heights personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Maryland Heights personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Maryland Heights personal injury case go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Maryland Heights, MO, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence, please reach out to our Maryland Heights personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered more than $35 million for clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Maryland Heights, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to go about this. Here, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it is to pursue a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO | FAQ
There is likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Maryland Heights, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s detailed Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Maryland Heights personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Maryland Heights, MO, specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Dixon offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our Maryland Heights personal injury attorneys now. We are glad to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Maryland Heights car accidents. We have recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can read our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Maryland Heights injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our Maryland Heights, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Close to 40 million people are injured each year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Maryland Heights victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO, are available 24/7.