Personal Injury Attorneys in Monroe County, IL
Call the Monroe County personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Monroe County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm helps clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is essential for victims to seek out legal counsel to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact us now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Monroe County personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case victories for Monroe County personal injury clients. It’s essential to get top-notch legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Below, we provide a few statistics about Monroe County, IL, personal injury claims and cases:
- Most injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state your in, and fault are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s vital for families to contact a local Monroe County personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Monroe County personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Monroe County injury claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Monroe County, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence, please reach out to our Monroe County personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered more than $50 million for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Monroe County Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Below, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Monroe County, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it can be to open a claim after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Monroe County | FAQ
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Monroe County, which is perfectly normal. Here are a handful of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- Will I have to go to trial? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Monroe County personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Monroe County specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. The Dixon Injury Firm offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our Monroe County personal injury attorneys right away. We are glad to discuss cases that involve injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Monroe County car accidents. We have recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can read Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Monroe County injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our Monroe County Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Nearly 40 million people are injured every year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Monroe County victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Monroe County, IL, are available 24/7.