Personal Injury Attorneys in New Haven, MO
Contact the New Haven, MO, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in New Haven, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm helps injured victims in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s essential for victims to seek out legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact Dixon today for more information and a free consultation. Our New Haven personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case and claim victories for New Haven personal injury clients and their families. It’s important to get top-notch legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury. Below, we provide a few statistics about New Haven, MO, personal injury cases:
- Most injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s essential for families to contact a local New Haven personal injury attorney ASAP if there’s a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our New Haven personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your New Haven personal injury case go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the New Haven, MO, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence, please reach out to our New Haven personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered more than $50 million for our clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your New Haven, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a few ways to do this. Here, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver blows through a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in New Haven, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it is to pursue a claim after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in New Haven, MO | FAQ
There is probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in New Haven, which is perfectly normal. Here are a couple of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ to learn more about the claims process.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our New Haven personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in New Haven, MO, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Dixon offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our New Haven personal injury attorneys now. We are happy to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are New Haven car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can download our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our New Haven injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our New Haven, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Close to 40 million people are injured each year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage New Haven victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in New Haven, MO, are available 24/7.