Personal Injury Attorneys in Oakdale, IL
Call the Oakdale, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Oakdale, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm helps injured victims in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is critical for victims to seek out legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact Dixon today for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Oakdale personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million in case and claim victories for Oakdale personal injury clients. It’s essential to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Below, we provide a few statistics about Oakdale, IL, personal injury claims:
- Most injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s essential for families to contact a local Oakdale personal injury attorney ASAP if there is a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC points out that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Oakdale personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Oakdale injury case go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Oakdale, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Oakdale personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered more than $35 million for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Oakdale, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Here, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver blows through a stop sign and crashes into a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Oakdale, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. Our firm understands how troubling it is to open a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Oakdale, IL | FAQ
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Oakdale, which is perfectly normal. Here are a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view the Dixon Injury Firm’s detailed Personal Injury FAQ to learn more about the claims process.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Oakdale personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Oakdale, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our Oakdale personal injury attorneys right away. We are happy to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Oakdale car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can read Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Oakdale injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Oakdale, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
More than 40 million people are injured every year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Oakdale victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Oakdale, IL, are available 24/7.