Personal Injury Attorneys in Oakville, MO
Call the Oakville, MO, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Oakville, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm helps clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s essential for victims to seek out legal representation to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact Dixon now for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Oakville personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case victories for Oakville personal injury clients. It is important to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Below, we provide a few statistics about Oakville, MO, personal injury cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About five percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s very important for families to get in touch with a local Oakville personal injury attorney ASAP if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Oakville personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Oakville personal injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Oakville, MO, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Oakville personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered more than $50 million for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Oakville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Here, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Oakville, MO, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Oakville, MO | FAQ
There’s probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Oakville, which is perfectly normal. Here are a handful of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view the Dixon Injury Firm’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Only about five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Oakville personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Oakville, MO, specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Dixon offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our Oakville personal injury attorneys today. We are happy to discuss cases that involve car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Oakville car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can download our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Oakville injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Oakville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
More than 40 million people are injured every year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Oakville victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Oakville, MO, are available 24/7.