Personal Injury Attorneys in O’Fallon, MO
Contact the O’Fallon, MO, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in O’Fallon, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s crucial for victims to seek out legal representation to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact Dixon today for more information and a free consultation. Our O’Fallon personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case victories for O’Fallon personal injury clients. It is critical to get top-notch legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury. Below, we provide a few statistics about O’Fallon, MO, personal injury claims:
- Most injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state your in, and fault are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s essential for families to get in touch with a local O’Fallon personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our O’Fallon personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your O’Fallon injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the O’Fallon, MO, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our O’Fallon personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered more than $50 million for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your O’Fallon, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to do this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, such as fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver blows through a stop sign and hits another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in O’Fallon, MO, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it can be to open a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in O’Fallon, MO | FAQ
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in O’Fallon, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our O’Fallon personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in O’Fallon, MO, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our O’Fallon personal injury attorneys right away. We are happy to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are O’Fallon car accidents. We have recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can download our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our O’Fallon injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your O’Fallon, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Nearly 40 million people are injured each year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage O’Fallon victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in O’Fallon, MO, are available 24/7.