Personal Injury Attorneys in Omaha, IL
Contact the Omaha, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Omaha, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s crucial for victims to get legal representation to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact Dixon now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Omaha personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million in case victories for Omaha personal injury clients. It’s important to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Below, we provide a few statistics about Omaha, IL, personal injury claims and cases:
- Most injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. About 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s essential for families to get in touch with a local Omaha personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Omaha personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Omaha personal injury case go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Omaha, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence, please reach out to our Omaha personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered more than $50 million for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Omaha, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Omaha, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to open a claim or case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Omaha, IL | FAQ
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Omaha, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ to learn more about the claims process.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Only about five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Omaha personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Omaha, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our Omaha personal injury attorneys today. We are happy to discuss cases that involve injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Omaha car accidents. We have recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can download Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Omaha injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Omaha, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Nearly 40 million people are injured each year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Omaha victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Omaha, IL, are available 24/7.