Personal Injury Attorneys in Pickneyville, IL
Call the Pickneyville, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Pickneyville, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is important for victims to seek out legal counsel that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact Dixon now for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Pickneyville personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million in case victories for Pickneyville personal injury clients. It is critical to get top-notch legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Here, we provide a few statistics about Pickneyville, IL, personal injury claims and cases:
- The majority of injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly five percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state your in, and fault are all considered. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s essential for families to get in touch with a local Pickneyville personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there is a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Pickneyville personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Pickneyville personal injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Pickneyville, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence, please reach out to our Pickneyville personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered more than $50 million for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Pickneyville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to go about this. Below, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and hits another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Pickneyville, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. Our firm understands how troubling it is to open a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Pickneyville, IL | FAQ
There is probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Pickneyville, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our in-depth Personal Injury FAQ if you want to learn more about the process for filing a claim.
- Will I have to go to trial? Probably not. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Pickneyville personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Pickneyville, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our Pickneyville personal injury attorneys today. We’re glad to discuss cases that involve car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Pickneyville car accidents. We have recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can read our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Pickneyville injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Pickneyville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Nearly 40 million people are injured every year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Pickneyville victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Pickneyville, IL, are available 24/7.