Personal Injury Attorneys in Pocahontas, IL
Call the Pocahontas, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Pocahontas, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm helps clients in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is important for victims to seek out legal counsel to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact Dixon now for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Pocahontas personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case victories for Pocahontas personal injury clients and their families. It’s important to get top-notch legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Below, we provide a few statistics about Pocahontas, IL, personal injury claims and cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s very important for families to get in touch with a local Pocahontas personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there is a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Pocahontas personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Pocahontas personal injury case go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Pocahontas, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence, please reach out to our Pocahontas personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered more than $35 million for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Pocahontas, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to go about this. Below, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Pocahontas, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. We understand how troubling it is to pursue a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Pocahontas, IL | FAQ
There is likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Pocahontas, which is perfectly normal. Here are a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our in-depth Personal Injury FAQ if you want to learn more about the process for filing a claim.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Pocahontas personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Pocahontas, IL, specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our Pocahontas personal injury attorneys now. We are happy to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Pocahontas car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for injured victims and their families. You can download our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Pocahontas injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Pocahontas, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Close to 40 million people are injured each year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Pocahontas victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Pocahontas, IL, are available 24/7.