Personal Injury Attorneys in Salem, IL
Call the Salem, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Salem, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is crucial for victims to seek out legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact Dixon today for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Salem personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million in case and claim victories for Salem personal injury clients. It’s crucial to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Salem, IL, personal injury claims:
- The majority of injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on multiple factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s essential for families to get in touch with a local Salem personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC points out that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Salem personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Salem injury claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Salem, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Salem personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered more than $50 million for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Salem, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Here, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Salem, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it is to open a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Salem, IL | FAQ
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Salem, which is perfectly normal. Here are a couple of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ if you want to learn more about the process for filing a claim.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Salem personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Salem, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. The Dixon Injury Firm offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our Salem personal injury attorneys right away. We are glad to discuss cases that involve injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Salem car accidents. We have recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can read Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Salem injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Salem, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Close to 40 million people are injured every year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Salem victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Salem, IL, are available 24/7.