Personal Injury Attorneys in Shawneetown, IL
Call the Shawneetown, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Shawneetown, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is critical for victims to get legal representation to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in personal injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact us now for additional information and a free consultation. Our Shawneetown personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case victories for Shawneetown personal injury clients and their families. It’s critical to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Shawneetown, IL, personal injury cases:
- The majority of injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. Nearly five percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get depends on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s very important for families to contact a local Shawneetown personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Shawneetown personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Shawneetown personal injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Shawneetown, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Shawneetown personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered more than $50 million for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Shawneetown, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Below, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Shawneetown, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it can be to open a claim after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Shawneetown, IL | FAQ
There is probably a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in Shawneetown, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ to learn more about the claims process.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Shawneetown personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Shawneetown, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our Shawneetown personal injury attorneys today. We are glad to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Shawneetown car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can read our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Shawneetown injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Our Shawneetown, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Close to 40 million people are injured every year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Shawneetown victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Shawneetown, IL, are available 24/7.