Personal Injury Attorneys in Springfield, MO
Call the Springfield, MO, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Springfield, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is critical for victims to get legal representation that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact Dixon today for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Springfield personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Dixon has won more than $35,000,000 in case and claim victories for Springfield personal injury clients and their families. It’s crucial to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Springfield, MO, personal injury cases:
- Most injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About five percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state your in, and fault are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s very important for families to contact a local Springfield personal injury attorney ASAP if there is a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our Springfield personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Springfield personal injury case go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the Springfield, MO, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence, please reach out to our Springfield personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered more than $50 million for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Springfield, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Below, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Springfield, MO, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Springfield, MO | FAQ
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in Springfield, which is perfectly normal. Here are a handful of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view the Dixon Injury Firm’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Springfield personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Springfield, MO, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our Springfield personal injury attorneys today. We’re happy to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Springfield car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can download our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Springfield injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Springfield, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Close to 40 million people are injured every year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim you may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Springfield victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Springfield, MO, are available 24/7.