Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Elmo, IL
Contact the St. Elmo, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Elmo, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is important for victims to get legal representation to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact Dixon today for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our St. Elmo personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case victories for St. Elmo personal injury clients. It is crucial to get top-notch legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about St. Elmo, IL, personal injury cases:
- The majority of injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s very important for families to reach out to a local St. Elmo personal injury attorney ASAP if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- The Dixon Injury Firm’s legal services are free. Our St. Elmo personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your St. Elmo personal injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the St. Elmo, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our St. Elmo personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered more than $35 million for clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your St. Elmo, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to go about this. Here, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in St. Elmo, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to open a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Elmo, IL | FAQ
There is likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in St. Elmo, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view our detailed Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our St. Elmo personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in St. Elmo, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Dixon offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our St. Elmo personal injury attorneys today. We are happy to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are St. Elmo car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for injured victims and their families. You can read our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Elmo injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your St. Elmo, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Nearly 40 million people are injured every year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage St. Elmo victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in St. Elmo, IL, are available 24/7.