Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Louis, MO
Contact the St. Louis, MO, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Louis, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s critical for victims to seek out legal representation to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact us now for additional information and a free consultation. Our St. Louis personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Dixon has won more than $35 million in case victories for St. Louis personal injury clients and their families. It’s critical to get top-notch legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Below, we provide a few statistics about St. Louis, MO, personal injury claims and cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get varies on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s very important for families to contact a local St. Louis personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our St. Louis personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your St. Louis injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading personal injury lawyer in the St. Louis, MO, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence, please reach out to our St. Louis personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered more than $35 million for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your St. Louis, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Here, Dixon lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in St. Louis, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Louis, MO | FAQ
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in St. Louis, which is perfectly normal. Here are a handful of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our detailed Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our St. Louis personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in St. Louis, MO, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Dixon offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our St. Louis personal injury attorneys right away. We are glad to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are St. Louis car accidents. We have recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can read Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Louis injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your St. Louis, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Close to 40 million people are injured each year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage St. Louis victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in St. Louis, MO, are available 24/7.