Personal Injury Attorneys in Tamms, IL
Call the Tamms, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Tamms, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm helps clients in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is critical for victims to seek out legal representation that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact Dixon today for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Tamms personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35,000,000 in case victories for Tamms personal injury clients and their families. It is critical to get top-notch legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Here, we provide a few statistics about Tamms, IL, personal injury claims and cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About five percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider as well.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s crucial for families to get in touch with a local Tamms personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Tamms personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees.
- Will your Tamms injury case go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Tamms, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence, feel free to reach out to our Tamms personal injury firm for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered more than $50 million for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Tamms, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Below, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver ignores a red light and crashes into a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our personal injury attorneys in Tamms, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. Our firm understands how troubling it is to open a case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, like paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Tamms, IL | FAQ
There is probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in Tamms, which is perfectly normal. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ if you want to learn more about the process for filing a claim.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Only about five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Tamms personal injury attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Tamms, IL, specialize in many different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our Tamms personal injury attorneys now. We’re glad to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of our primary focuses are Tamms car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can read our free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Tamms injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Tamms, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Nearly 40 million people are injured each year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Tamms victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Tamms, IL, are available 24/7.