Personal Injury Attorneys in Washington, MO
Contact the Washington, MO, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Washington, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It is critical for victims to seek out legal representation that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact us now for additional information and a free case review and consultation. Our Washington personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Dixon has won more than $50 million in case victories for Washington personal injury clients. It is critical to get top-notch legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured. Below, we provide a few statistics about Washington, MO, personal injury claims:
- Most personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. About five percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive varies on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s vital for families to reach out to a local Washington personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there’s a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Washington personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Washington personal injury claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, check out our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Washington, MO, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence, please reach out to our Washington personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered more than $50 million for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Washington, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Washington, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a claim after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Washington, MO | FAQ
There’s probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in Washington, which is perfectly normal. Here are a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s detailed Personal Injury FAQ if you want to learn more about the process for filing a claim.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Washington personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Washington, MO, specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Dixon offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our Washington personal injury attorneys right away. We are glad to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Washington car accidents. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and their families. You can read Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Washington injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Washington, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys Today
More than 40 million people are injured every year. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include:
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Washington victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Washington, MO, are available 24/7.