Personal Injury Attorneys in Waterloo, IL
Contact the Waterloo, IL, personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Waterloo, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s crucial for victims to seek out legal counsel that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in injury law, car accidents, workers compensation, and other areas. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Please contact us now for more information and a free consultation. Our Waterloo personal injury attorneys are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million in case and claim victories for Waterloo personal injury clients. It’s important to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury. Here, we provide a few statistics about Waterloo, IL, personal injury cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get depends on multiple factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s very important for families to get in touch with a local Waterloo personal injury attorney as soon as possible if there is a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Dixon’s legal services are free. Our Waterloo personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything.
- Will your Waterloo personal injury claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, you can view our personal injury FAQ, car accident FAQ, or download our free book about car crash compensation.
Chris Dixon is a leading injury lawyer in the Waterloo, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence, please reach out to our Waterloo personal injury firm for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered more than $35 million for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Waterloo, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to do this. Below, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our personal injury attorneys in Waterloo, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it is to open a claim or case after a serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Waterloo, IL | FAQ
There is probably a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in Waterloo, which is perfectly normal. Here are a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view Dixon’s in-depth Personal Injury FAQ for more information about filing claims.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Only about five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Waterloo personal injury attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our personal injury lawyers in Waterloo, IL, specialize in several different areas of injury law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our Waterloo personal injury attorneys now. We are glad to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and other injuries.
One of Dixon’s primary focuses are Waterloo car accidents. We have recovered millions for injury victims and their families. You can read Dixon’s free book about car accident compensation and learn more in our car accident FAQs.
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Waterloo injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Your Waterloo, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys Now
More than 40 million people are injured each year. Our firm specializes in just about any injury claim clients may have. Some of our practice areas include the following:
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Waterloo victims to contact the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. View our testimonials to learn more about the firm’s success. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Waterloo, IL, are available 24/7.