Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer
St. Louis Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer fighting for St. Louis and Missouri Residents
The Swimming Pool Accident Lawyers of Dixon Law provide the greatest level of care and legal guidance for St. Louis and Missouri residents. When you or someone you love has been the victim of a swimming pool accident, and you’ve suffered severe injuries and have lost work and wages because of those injuries, you need a swimming pool accident lawyer to protect your interests. The Swimming Pool Accident Lawyers at Dixon Law can guide you through your swimming pool accident and see to it that you and your family are provided for during this trying time. Whether you need financial assistance because of loss of work, medical bills, or to pay for the costs of recovery associated with any injuries sustained because of the swimming pool accident, Christopher R. Dixon and the Dixon Injury Firm can and will provide you with expert swimming pool accident legal guidance.
When you or someone you love has been in swimming pool accident and needs a swimming pool accident lawyer, you need the best in the industry. Christopher R. Dixon and the St. Louis Personal Injury Attorneys of Dixon Law strive to provide the best results possible. Christopher R. Dixon is recognized as a Top 100 Trial lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association and a Life-Time Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and when you choose Chris for your legal guidance and counseling for a swimming pool accident claim you will be taken care of.
How Dangerous are Swimming Pools?
Surprisingly so. Even if the people using the pool know how to swim, the chances of accidents around wet concrete and metal are far than most imagine, and if individuals in the pool don’t know how to swim, the chances of drowning are incredibly high. Here are a few of the statistics surrounding swimming pool accident or drownings,
- Drowning is the #1 cause of death for children between the ages of 1 and 4.
- More than 50% of drowning victims require hospitalization or further medical attention following the accident.
- 67% of drowning deaths involved children 3 and under.
- 47 percent of children who have suffered injuries while swimming suffered those injuries in residential swimming pools.
- Children under the age of 5 account for 76% of drowning deaths in the US.
- 75% of drowning deaths regarding children 15 and under occured at private swimming pools.
For more information regarding swimming pool accidents, and the statistics surrounding swimming pool drowning or injuries, the Center for Disease Control provides important and helpful information.
What factors make a swimming pool dangerous?
The CDC provides in-depth information regarding swimming pool accidents, what causes them, and how to prevent swimming pool accidents. According to the CDC, here are a list of factors that can lead to swimming pool accidents,
- Lack of Swimming Ability – Many adults and children report that they can’t swim. Research has shown that participation in formal swimming lessons can reduce the risk of drowning among children aged 1 to 4 years.
- Lack of Barriers – Barriers, such as pool fencing, prevent young children from gaining access to the pool area without caregivers’ awareness. A four-sided isolation fence (separating the pool area from the house and yard) reduces a child’s risk of drowning 83% compared to three-sided property-line fencing.
- Lack of Close Supervision – Drowning can happen quickly and quietly anywhere there is water (such as bathtubs, swimming pools, buckets), and even in the presence of lifeguards.
- Location – People of different ages drown in different locations. For example, most children ages 1-4 drown in home swimming pools. The percentage of drownings in natural water settings, including lakes, rivers and oceans, increases with age. More than half of fatal and nonfatal drownings among those 15 years and older (57% and 57% respectively) occurred in natural water settings.
- Failure to Wear Life Jackets – In 2010, the U.S. Coast Guard received reports for 4,604 boating incidents; 3,153 boaters were reported injured, and 672 died. Most (72%) boating deaths that occurred during 2010 were caused by drowning, with 88% of victims not wearing life jackets.
- Alcohol Use – Among adolescents and adults, alcohol use is involved in up to 70% of deaths associated with water recreation, almost a quarter of ED visits for drowning, and about one in five reported boating deaths. Alcohol influences balance, coordination, and judgment, and its effects are heightened by sun exposure and heat.
- Seizure Disorders – For persons with seizure disorders, drowning is the most common cause of unintentional injury death, with the bathtub as the site of highest drowning risk.
If you or someone you care for has been the victim of a swimming pool accident, you need a lawyer who will take the case seriously and aggressively pursue the accident. The Swimming Pool Accident Lawyers of Dixon Law can and will protect you and your family during this difficult legal process.
How can the St. Louis Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys of Dixon Law help you with your swimming pool accident case?
The Dixon Injury Law Firm is the industry leader when it comes to protecting the interests of swimming pool accident victims. During a swimming pool accident case, the responsible party, their lawyers, and the insurance agencies are going to try to get you to settle for as little as possible and attempt to place as much blame as possible on your for the swimming pool accident. This will allow them to settle quickly and against your best interests. That’s why it is so vitally important to let Christopher R. Dixon and the Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys of Dixon Law defend your best interests against the responsible party, their lawyers and the insurance corporations.
The Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys of the Dixon Injury Firm have a complete understanding of the most recent Missouri and St. Louis swimming pool laws and statutes and can use this knowledge to defend you and your loved ones during this trying time. No one should have to suffer from a swimming pool accident, but when it does happen, choosing an experienced and knowledgeable Swimming Pool Accident Attorney can ensure that you and your family are adequately compensated for your lost time and injuries, and ensure that your financial future and health are protected.
Why Should I choose the Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys at Dixon Law to represent me?
Christopher R. Dixon is more than just a swimming pool accident lawyer he is a local Missouri and St. Louis resident who understands what it means to provide effective and comprehensive legal counseling to his fellow citizens who have suffered because of swimming pool accidents.
Chris Dixon – “I pride myself on tirelessly fighting for the injury victims who continuously trust me with their cases. It is an honor to serve and a passion which drives my existence.”
When you choose Christopher R. Dixon and the Dixon Injury Firm, you are choosing a swimming pool accident law firm that cares about you and wants to ensure that you and your family are provided for during this trying time. If you need swimming pool accident guidance, or want to know what a swimming pool accident lawyer can do for you, call or contact the Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys of the Dixon Injury Firm at 314-409-7060, or toll-free at 855-40-CRASH to get justice and compensation for your swimming pool accident claim today.