St. Louis Child Dog Bite Lawyers
St. Louis Child Dog Bite Attorneys Represent Missouri and Illinois Victims.
St. Louis Child Dog Bite Lawyers. Child dog bites are a serious concern in St. Louis. 333,687 of annual child emergency room visits are due to child dog bites. If your child has sustained injuries from a dog bite, and you’re dealing with medical bills and other financial losses because of it, Christopher R. Dixon and the Dixon Injury Firm are committed to helping St. Louis residents. They believe that your child dog bite case should be taken seriously, and they will ensure that you will receive the most compensation for any suffering that your child or your family has endured from the dog bite accident.
Founder and Managing Attorney
I pride myself on tirelessly fighting for the injury victims who continuously trust me with their cases. It is an honor to serve and a passion which drives my existence.
Earlier this year, an 11-year-old boy in Missouri was severely mauled by a family dog. The boy had to undergo extensive facial reconstructive surgery due to the incident. Child dog bites are a serious issue, and it appears that Missouri has the highest animal bite rate in the country. If your child has been bitten by a dog, Dixon can help.
What Should You Do If Your Child Was Bitten By a Dog?
It is important that if your child is bitten by a dog that you immediately:
- Seek medical attention. Even if the dog bite seems minor, it could be susceptible to infection if not treated promptly due to bacteria.
- It is then essential to exchange contact information with the owner of the dog to ensure your child’s best interest.
- File a police report of the incident. It’ll create a public record of the attack, and alert the public to a possibly dangerous animal.
- Contact a child dog bite lawyer to represent your child’s case.
If your child is bit by a dog, the Dixon Injury Firm can help. We will start an immediate investigation regarding the child dog bite incident, and will ensure that your child and family is well taken care of.
How Can a Child Dog Bite Attorney Help You?
The Missouri Child Dog Bite Attorneys at Dixon know St. Louis injury laws and understand that child dog bites should be taken seriously. They are committed to helping you and your family avoid expensive medical bills, emotional harm, and other expenses, and can protect you from settling for less than you deserve for your child’s suffering. They have the experience and resources to ensure that you and your family will receive the most for your child’s dog bite injuries.
How Can Child Dog Bites Be Prevented?
Half of all children 12 years-of-age and under have been bitten by a dog. Taking this statistic into consideration really drives home the question, “How can this be prevented?”
To reduce the risk of child dog bites, follow these tips:
- Always ask if your child can pet the dog, whether they know the owner and the dog or not.
- Don’t let small children play with a dog unsupervised.
- Let the dog see you and your child before petting it to avoid making it defensive.
- Allow the dog to smell you and your child before petting to make it more familiar.
- Tell your child not to run or scream around the dog so as not to upset the dog.
- Teach your child not to wake up a sleeping dog so as not to startle it.
- Tell your child not to jump or climb on any dogs so it won’t react defensively.
- Keep children away from dogs who are eating so the dog won’t accidentally bite the child.
Contact a St. Louis Child Dog Bite Lawyer Today.
When you choose the Dixon Injury Firm to represent your case, you’re choosing a firm that cares. We have won more than $35 million for clients in Illinois and Missouri, and are ready to discuss your claim or case 24/7. You can contact us for more information if your child was bitten by a dog and requires medical attention.