St. Louis Taxotere Lawyer
Taxotere Lawsuit Attorneys in St. Louis, MO, who are dedicated to representing our clients.
St. Louis Taxotere Lawyers. Taxotere is a drug that is commonly used to treat women with breast cancer after surgery to prevent the spreading of cancer cells. Recently, it has been found that this drug, which should positively help people with breast cancer, is linked to permanent hair loss in addition to a slew of nasty side effects. If you or someone you love has experienced worsened cancer symptoms or permanent hair loss after taking Taxotere, you could be entitled to compensation for your suffering. Our Taxotere lawyers in St. Louis understand how painful it can be to deal with the terrible side effects of this drug, so they are dedicated to making sure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation for your case.
Founder and Managing Attorney
I pride myself on tirelessly fighting for the injury victims who continuously trust me with their cases. It is an honor to serve and a passion which drives my existence.
What is Taxotere?
Taxotere is a chemotherapy drug that is designed to interfere with the ability of cancer cells to divide and slow the growth of cancer cells from spreading. It is typically used post-surgery in women undergoing breast surgery and is transmitted directly into the bloodstream using solvents. The drug is generally used in people with breast cancer that are in the early or late stages of breast cancer whose cells haven’t responded well to previous chemotherapy drugs. Taxotere is designed to stop cancer cells from spreading, which should bring hope to breast cancer victims undergoing treatment with this drug, but in some patients who have been treated with the drug it has caused permanent hair loss and other unwanted side effects.
Side Effects of Taxotere
Various stages and forms of breast cancer require different types of treatment. Some cancers are more aggressive, while others are more treatable. If a patient has early-stage breast cancer that has spread to their lymph nodes or late-stage breast cancer that has resisted treatment from drugs such as doxorubicin or other chemotherapy drugs, Taxotere may be used post-surgery. Patients who are treated with Taxotere may experience some or all of the following side effects that range in severity:
- Low white blood cell count or susceptibility to infection – white blood cells help stave off infection and other illnesses. If a breast cancer victim’s white blood cell count is low, they have a higher risk of getting sick or contracting an infection which could decrease their ability to fight against their aggressive disease
- Low red blood cell count – this heightens the risk for anemia, which could cause serious fatigue and an overall lower quality of life while battling breast cancer
- Hair loss – breast cancer treatment with Taxotere can cause hair loss in patients, both minor and severe, or even cause a patient’s hair color to change or become discolored
- Severe nausea or vomiting – some patients that are administered the chemotherapy drug Taxotere may experience severe nausea or vomiting which can cause weight loss, lack of appetite and a slew of other side effects. It is essential while battling an aggressive disease such as breast cancer to keep one’s strength up and make sure that you’re receiving the proper amount of nutrients. If a victim is battling serious nausea or vomiting, this can make it extremely difficult to do so
- Muscle, bone and joint pain – chemotherapy and radiation can be harsh on the body, but severe muscle, bone, and joint pain could be a sign that a patient has a blood infection or an additional problem that could be caused by their low white blood cell count from Taxotere
- Fluid retention – some fluid retention can occur while undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer, but if fluid is retained around the areas of the heart or other areas of the chest in people with cancer, this can become serious and potentially life-threatening
It is critical while undergoing treatment for breast cancer to focus on your well-being, including your rights to file a personal injury claim with a Taxotere lawyer in St. Louis. If you were not informed by your physician of the side effects of Taxotere before taking it and have suffered damages from the drug, you could be entitled to compensation. Our Taxotere lawyers in St. Louis are here for you to discuss your case with and guide you through the process of making a personal injury claim against your negligent physician or the company who produces Taxotere.
Permanent Hair Loss and Taxotere
Hair loss is a common side effect of undergoing chemotherapy and radiation to shrink and decrease cancer cells. Taxotere was approved by the FDA in 1996 for use in breast cancer patients post-operation. Over the years, some patients who have been treated with the drug have reported that they have experienced severe or permanent hair loss. According to a 2013 study, up to 15% of women treated with Taxotere will experience permanent hair loss. Hair loss is a side effect that is listed on the drug’s label, but it wasn’t until 2015 that “in some cases, permanent hair loss has been observed” was added to the label. During an investigation done by the FDA, it was found that the company that produces Taxotere, Sanofi, hid results from a trial done on the drug that showed that Taxotere causes permanent hair loss in up to 9% of users.
Over the years, there has been an increasing amount of lawsuits filed against the company Sanofi and their drug Taxotere. Most of these lawsuits are related to the drug’s side effect of permanent hair loss in users. While there isn’t currently a class action lawsuit against the company, most victims who have filed a valid personal injury claim against the company have recovered compensation. If you or someone you love has experienced permanent hair loss from the drug Taxotere, you may be entitled to damages for your injuries. It is vital to the life of your personal injury claim to consult with a Taxotere lawyers in St. Louis first before filing your claim against Sanofi. Our Taxotere lawyers will analyze your case, help you write a demand letter for the damages you’re seeking and aid in filing a powerful injury claim for your case. Additionally Sanofi is a large medical company that is insured by large insurance companies that can be difficult to negotiate with – our Taxotere attorneys’ job is to negotiate with Sanofi’s insurance company until you receive a settlement that you’re happy to accept and make sure that you’re relatively stress-free during this difficult time.
What Damages Could I Receive for a Taxotere Lawsuit?
The most important element of your Taxotere lawsuit is a powerful demand letter. A demand letter can be created with our Taxotere lawyers in St. Louis and will include the damages that you’re seeking to recover from Sanofi with the lawsuit. Speaking with our lawyers will give you a better idea of what damages you can claim in your lawsuit, what grounds you have to claim these damages and how you should proceed with your case after submitting your demand letter and claim. Some of the more common types of damages that are claimed in Taxotere lawsuits include:
- Medical bills and therapy for Taxotere treatment. Taxotere treatments can often be costly, and permanent hair loss can be traumatic, so if you have suffered permanent hair loss from Taxotere, you could be eligible to recover damages for medical bills such as treatment costs, hospital check-ups or therapy needed for emotional damages from your loss
- Pain and suffering – emotional distress is a symptom that can commonly accompany temporary or permanent hair loss. If you have been treated with the chemotherapy drug Taxotere and have experienced severe emotional or physical distress, you may be eligible to recover pain and suffering damages
- Lost wages due to taking time off work for treatment sessions with Taxotere can be reclaimed with your Taxotere lawsuit, as well as any lost work hours that were caused by emotional or physical distress because of the drug
Not everyone is eligible to recover damages for their Taxotere lawsuit, but our Taxotere lawyers in St. Louis can help determine if you have a valid Taxotere claim. Our attorneys are committed to helping those who have suffered from this chemotherapy drug that has brought unnecessary pain and suffering to hundreds of women and will help you create a powerful claim against Sanofi, the company that produces Taxotere. If you or someone you love has suffered terrible side effects from the chemotherapy drug Taxotere such as permanent hair loss, severe fluid retention or more, feel free to contact our Taxotere lawyers about your case today. Our lawyers offer free consultations and are available 24/7 to explore the options for your Taxotere lawsuit in St. Louis.