Step 5: Negotiating a Settlement
By Chris Dixon
The odds are that you or a family member won’t get an insurance company to send you a settlement check after an accident. They perform investigations based on your demand and will try to limit your reimbursement through negotiation. When you’re negotiating a settlement, there are a number of things you can do to protect yourself and get the maximum amount of compensation.
In this section of the FAQ, the personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide information about how to negotiate your insurance settlement. We specialize in civil cases, including:
The at-fault or negligent party’s insurer will counter your claim at every corner. Here are a few topics the Dixon injury Firm covers to get you started:
- The Insurance Negotiation Process
- 10 Insurance Negotiation Mistakes to Avoid
- How to Calculate Lost Income
- How to Request Medical Records
- How to Write an Effective Demand Letter
- Rejecting and Countering Insurance Settlements
- How Many Counter-Offers Should I Make?
- How to Identify and Respond to Bad Faith
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for 24/7 advice about your claim or case. We offer professional legal representation to clients in Southern Illinois and the Greater St. Louis area. If you don’t win the claim or case, you don’t pay a dime.