Columbia, IL Traffic Accident Lawyer
Dixon is a trusted vehicle accident lawyer in Columbia, IL.
Traffic Accident Lawyers in Columbia, IL. As a leading traffic accident lawyers in Columbia, Christopher Dixon and the personal injury firm offer affordable and effective legal counsel to vehicle wreck victims and/or their families. Dixon serves Missouri and Illinois clients, plus clients in Columbia, IL.
- The car collision attorneys at Dixon offer free legal services, case reviews, and consultations to victims. Legal service fees apply if we win the claim.
- A Reward for a traffic accident may include wages lost from time off work, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. Our personal injury lawyers in Columbia, IL, will help maximize your reward.
- The exact amount of a reward in a traffic injury case in Columbia may vary based on the severity of the damage. Any reward may be adjusted depending upon how “at fault” either party is.
- More than 37,000 people are killed in traffic-related wrecks every year in the U.S. Of those, around 134 students die in bus crashes and approximately 102,000 are injured in large truck accidents.
- DUIs, speeding, texting and driving, and seatbelt-less passengers lead the predictive surge in car accident deaths. Pedestrian deaths are 9 percent of traffic-related fatalities.
- Hiring a traffic accident lawyer in Columbia is much more effective than winning insurance companies on your own. Contact Christopher Dixon today for additional information about traffic accident lawyers in Columbia, IL, at (314) 409-7060.
Having won over $35 million for clients in Columbia, Missouri, and Illinois, Dixon provides professional legal representation for vehicle accident victims. If you have been injured in a road incident, talk to Dixon today for advice from our traffic accident lawyers. It’s crucial to contact a lawyer right away to improve your chances of winning a traffic accident case in Columbia, IL.
Vehicle Wreck Lawyers in Columbia, IL
An important phase in settling a traffic accident case in Columbia is bringing on professional legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in a variety of areas in Columbia. These include:
We use a contingency payment program, meaning clients only pay a percentage of a settlement for legal services. This allows victims to hire a traffic accident lawyer and move ahead with a claim without worrying about additional expenses in addition to medical bills, burial fees, or lost wages.
Rewards for Winning a Traffic Accident Case
Any veteran traffic injury attorney will let you know that rushing into a settlement is a major mistake. While it may be easier to accept an immediate settlement, Columbia, IL traffic accident attorneys can help you increase your payout.
According to professional traffic accident lawyers, here are a few of the reimbursement and damages you can win in traffic cases in Columbia:
- Ambulance Fees
- Funeral Costs
- Pain and Suffering
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Household/Vehicle Modifications
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Career Potential
- Reduced Earning Capacity
- Hedonic Damages
- Punitive Damages
- Wrongful Deaths
- Court Fees
What To Do If You’ve Been in a Traffic Accident in Columbia?
Turning your eyes away from the road for just a second can change your life and the lives of your family. The Traffic Accident Lawyers in Columbia, IL have provided four steps if you’ve been in an auto accident:
- Call for Help: If you can, traffic accident lawyers recommend contacting emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call emergency services.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s very important for car accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the traffic accident. Columbia, IL, vehicle accident attorneys can assist you in completing this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Find a Columbia Traffic Accident Lawyer: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling major insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. A traffic accident attorney in Columbia, IL, can help you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
Many victims of car crashes are not able to make decisions on their own due to injuries. This is just another reason why it’s so important to contact Columbia traffic accident attorneys as soon as you’re able to, or ask a family member contact one. Dixon’s traffic accident lawyers in Columbia are here to help.
Common Traffic Accidents in Columbia, IL
With over 2 million motor vehicle injuries every year, it’s essential to prioritize good sense and safety. Almost one-third of fatalities in the United States involve dangerous driving. Not driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, obeying traffic laws, not speeding, wearing a seatbelt, and avoiding distractions like cell phones can save thousands of lives every year.
Below, your Columbia traffic wreck lawyers offer up a few additional stats on the five types of traffic accidents:
- Cars: As mentioned, car accident deaths equal almost 40,000 per year. Most deaths and injuries involve distracted driving, drugs and alcohol, and not following safety measures. There are also a lot of road construction accidents per year.
- Trucks: There are approximately 4,000 truck-related fatalities each year, or about 10% of all vehicle fatalities.
- Motorcycles: The majority of motorcycle fatalities and injuries involve not wearing a helmet, alcohol, or not wearing a helmet. According to HG, close to three-fourths of motorcycle wrecks involve other vehicles. Motorcycle fatalities are on the rise.
- Bicycles: The CDC reports that almost 467,000 cyclists are injured each year in the U.S., and 1,000 become fatalities. An important component of bicycle safety is drivers following traffic laws and sharing the road. Bicycle accident claims are one of Dixon Injury Firm’s primary areas of focus.
- Pedestrian: Pedestrian deaths account for 16 percent of roadway accidents. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, nearly 70,000 pedestrians are injured by motor vehicles each year, typically from head-on collisions. Pedestrian accident claims are another area Dixon specializes in.
The traffic accident lawyers in Columbia, IL, at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping victims and their families with winning these tragic cases. We understand how complicated and overwhelming it is to balance medical recovery, starting a claim, and winning a settlement. It is our duty to guide you through the process.
How Do I Win a Traffic Accident Claim in Columbia, IL?
As a notable traffic accident lawyer in Columbia, Chris Dixon has developed a reputation on results. Bike, pedestrian, car, and truck accident victims can expect exceptional legal counsel from the Dixon Injury Firm. Here are a few more must-knows about traffic accident claims in Columbia:
- How much does it cost to pursue an injury case? Dixon offers free legal services. There’s no initial cost to new clients. If you win the case, legal fees are paid to the Columbia traffic accident lawyer as a percentage of the settlement.
- How much can I win? Traffic accident lawyers will most likely tell you that this number varies dramatically. Comparative fault is a factor, as well as the total amount of medical bills, lifestyle damage, and other expenses. Your Columbia traffic accident attorney works to maximize the reward.
- How long do cases take to settle? This also depends on numerous factors. The quicker you start the process by calling Columbia traffic accident attorneys, the faster you can settle.
- How do I begin a traffic accident claim? It is simple: Contact a Columbia traffic attorney today at (314) 409-7060 for a free case review and consultation. There’s nothing to lose.
Contact Your Columbia, IL Traffic Accident Lawyer Today
Between the traffic accident statistics available, there’s a chance you may be involved in one eventually. The Dixon Injury Firm proud to represent clients and their families throughout Missouri and Illinois. Call Dixon 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 for more info about our case reviews and free consultations. Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Columbia, IL, look forward to hearing from you.
Dixon Injury Firm | Traffic Accident Lawyer Service Areas
As we’ve previously mentioned, the Dixon Injury Firm serves to clients throughout Missouri and Illinois. We’ve won more than $35 million for clients — read their traffic lawyer reviews here. We also manage a wide range of practice areas to tackle any case.