Effingham, IL Traffic Accident Lawyer
The Dixon Injury Firm is a trusted vehicle accident attorney in Effingham, IL.
Traffic Accident Lawyers in Effingham, IL. As a leading traffic accident lawyers in Effingham, Chris Dixon and his injury firm offer affordable and effective legal representation to vehicle accident victims. The Dixon Injury Firm serves Greater St. Louis area and Illinois clients, including clients in Effingham, IL.
- The car and truck accident attorneys at Dixon offer free legal services, consultations, and case reviews to injured victims. Legal fees are charged only if we win the case.
- Compensation for a traffic accident may include wages lost from time off work, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. Dixon Injury Firm’s car accident lawyers in Effingham, IL, will help maximize your settlement.
- The settlement in a traffic injury claim in Effingham depends on the severity of the damage and injury. The reward may also be adjusted based on how “at fault” either party is.
- Over 37,000 people die in traffic-related crashes every year in the United States. Of those, about 134 students die in bus traffic accidents and about 102,000 are injured in semi truck accidents.
- DUIs, speeding, texting and driving, and seatbelt-less passengers lead the predictive surge in car crash fatalities. Pedestrian deaths stand at 9 percent of traffic-related fatalities.
- Hiring a traffic accident lawyer in Effingham is much more effective than winning insurance companies without representation. Call the Dixon Injury Firm today for additional info about traffic accident lawyers in Effingham, IL, at (314) 409-7060.
Having won over $35,000,000 for clients in Effingham, Missouri, and Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides effective legal counsel for road traffic accident victims. If you have been injured in a vehicle or pedestrian incident, talk to Chris Dixon today for advice from our traffic accident lawyers. It is essential to contact a lawyer right away to improve your chances of winning a traffic accident claim in Effingham, IL.
Traffic Wreck Attorneys in Effingham, IL
One important step in settling a traffic accident case in Effingham is obtaining experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon specializes in various fields in Effingham, including:
We offer a contingency payment program, which means our clients will only pay a portion the reward if we win the case. This allows victims and their families to hire a traffic accident lawyer and move ahead with a case without worrying about additional expenses in addition to medical bills, burial fees, or lost wages.
Reimbursement for Winning a Traffic Accident Claim
Any professional traffic injury lawyer will tell you that rushing into a settlement is a major mistake. While it might be easier to accept an immediate settlement, Effingham, IL traffic accident attorneys can help you increase your reward.
According to professional traffic accident lawyers, here are some of the reimbursement and damages you can win in traffic claims in Effingham:
- Ambulance Fees
- Funeral Costs
- Pain and Suffering
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Household/Vehicle Modifications
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Career Potential
- Reduced Earning Capacity
- Loss of Joy of Life
- Punitive Damages
- Wrongful Deaths
- Court Fees
What If You’ve Been in a Traffic Accident in Effingham?
In a moment can change your life and your family’s. The Traffic Accident Lawyers in Effingham, IL have provided 4 steps if you’ve been in a car accident:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, traffic accident lawyers recommend contacting emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s crucial for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the traffic accident. Effingham, IL, vehicle accident attorneys can help you with this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Find a Effingham Traffic Accident Lawyer: People often wonder if they need to hire a lawyer. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling major insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. A traffic accident lawyer in Effingham, IL, can aid you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
Many car crash victims are unable to make decisions on their own due to injuries. This is another reason why it is so important to contact Effingham traffic accident attorneys as soon as you’re able to, or have a family member reach out to one. Our traffic accident lawyers in Effingham can help.
Common Traffic Accidents in Effingham, IL
With more than two million motor vehicle injuries every year, it is essential to prioritize safety and good sense. Close to one-third of deaths in the United States involve dangerous driving. Not driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, obeying traffic laws, not speeding, wearing a seatbelt, and avoiding distractions like cell phones can save thousands of lives every year.
Below, your Effingham traffic collision attorneys offer up a few additional statistics on the 5 types of motorist accidents:
- Cars: As mentioned, car accident deaths equal almost 40,000 per year. Most fatalities and injuries involve not following safety protocols, drugs and alcohol, and distracted driving. There are also a high number of work zone accidents every year.
- Trucks: There are approximately 4,000 truck-related fatalities each year, which makes up 9 percent of all vehicle deaths.
- Motorcycles: The majority of motorcycle fatalities and injuries involve alcohol, speeding, or not wearing a helmet. According to HG, about three-fourths of motorcycle crashes involve other vehicles. Motorcycle fatalities are on the rise.
- Cyclists: The CDC reports that close to 467,000 cyclists are injured each year in the U.S., and 1,000 are killed. An important element of cyclist safety is drivers sharing the road and following traffic laws. Bicycle accident claims are one of Dixon Injury Firm’s primary areas of focus.
- Pedestrian: Pedestrian deaths account for 16 percent of roadway accidents. The IIHS, nearly 70,000 pedestrians are injured by motor vehicles each year, usually from head-on collisions. Pedestrian accident claims are another area we specialize in.
The traffic accident lawyers in Effingham, IL, at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping victims and their families with fighting these tragic cases. We know how complicated and overwhelming it can be to balance medical recovery, starting a claim, and winning a settlement. It’s our job to help our clients through the process.
How Do I Win a Traffic Accident Claim in Effingham, IL?
As a respected traffic accident lawyer in Effingham, Christopher Dixon has built a reputation on results. Car, truck, bike, and pedestrian accident victims can expect professional legal representation from the Dixon Injury Firm. Here are a few more must-knows about traffic accident cases in Effingham:
- How much does it cost to open a traffic accident case? Dixon offers free legal services. There is no initial cost to new clients. If we win the case, legal fees are paid to the Effingham traffic accident lawyer as a percentage of the reward.
- How much can I win? Traffic accident lawyers will likely tell you this number varies dramatically. Comparative fault is a factor, in addition to the total amount of medical bills, lifestyle damage, and other expenses. Your Effingham traffic accident attorney works to maximize the reward.
- How long do cases take to settle? This also varies on numerous factors. The quicker you start the process by contacting Effingham traffic accident lawyers, the faster you can settle.
- How do I begin a traffic accident case? It’s simple: Contact a Effingham traffic lawyer today at (314) 409-7060 for a case review and free consultation. There’s nothing to lose.
Call Your Effingham, IL Traffic Accident Lawyer Today
Between the traffic accident statistics available, there’s a chance you may be involved in one at some point. We’re proud to represent clients throughout Missouri and Illinois. Reach out to us 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 for additional information about our services, a free case review, and consultation. The Traffic Accident Lawyers in Effingham, IL, look forward to hearing from you.
Dixon Injury Firm | Traffic Accident Lawyer Service Areas
As we’ve previously mentioned, Dixon serves to clients throughout Missouri and Illinois. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for clients — read their traffic lawyer testimonials here. We also have a wide range of practice areas to tackle any case.