Makanda, IL Traffic Accident Lawyer
Chris Dixon is a experienced car accident attorney in Makanda, IL.
Traffic Accident Lawyers in Makanda, IL. Among the leading traffic accident lawyers in Makanda, Christopher Dixon and the personal injury firm offer affordable and effective legal representation to vehicle crash victims and/or their families. Chris Dixon serves Illinois and Missouri clients, including those in Makanda, IL.
- The car and truck crash attorneys at Dixon provide free legal services, case reviews, and consultations to injured victims. Legal service fees apply only when you win the claim.
- A Reward for a traffic accident may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, and even emotional distress. Dixon’s injury lawyers in Makanda, IL, are here to assist you with maximizing your settlement.
- The exact amount of a reward in a traffic injury case in Makanda depends on the seriousness of the damage. Reimbursement may also be adjusted depending upon how “at fault” either party is.
- Over 37,000 people die in vehicle-related wrecks each year in the United States. Of those, approximately 134 students are killed in bus accidents and about 102,000 are injured in semi truck accidents.
- DUIs, speeding, texting and driving, and seatbelt-less passengers lead the predictive surge in traffic accident deaths. Pedestrian deaths are nearly 10 percent of traffic-related fatalities.
- Hiring a traffic accident attorney in Makanda is much more effective than winning accident cases without representation. Call the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information about traffic accident lawyers in Makanda, IL, at (314) 409-7060.
Having won upwards of $35 million for clients in Makanda, Illinois, and Missouri, Chris Dixon offers professional legal representation for road traffic accident victims. If you’ve been injured in a car or truck accident, talk to Dixon now for advice from our traffic accident lawyers. It is vital to contact a lawyer as soon as possible to increase the likelihood of winning a traffic accident case in Makanda, IL.
Vehicle Injury Attorneys in Makanda, IL
The important phase in settling a traffic accident case in Makanda is procuring professional legal help. Dixon specializes in various fields in Makanda. These include:
We have a contingency payment program, meaning our clients only have to pay a percentage of a settlement for legal services. This allows victims and their families to hire a traffic accident lawyer and move ahead with a case without worrying about additional expenses on top of lost wages or medical bills.
Damages Paid for Winning a Traffic Accident Claim
Any professional traffic injury attorney will let you know that rushing into a settlement is a major mistake. While it may be tempting to accept an immediate settlement, Makanda, IL traffic accident lawyers can help you increase your reward.
According to professional traffic accident lawyers, here are some of the reimbursement and damages you can win in traffic cases in Makanda:
- Ambulance Fees
- Burial Costs
- Pain and Suffering
- Physical Therapy
- Household/Vehicle Modifications
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Career Potential
- Reduced Earning Capacity
- Loss of Joy of Life
- Punitive Damages
- Wrongful Deaths
- Court Fees
What To Do If You’re a Victim of a Traffic Accident in Makanda?
With one wrong turn can change your life and your family’s. The Traffic Accident Lawyers in Makanda, IL have provided 4 steps if you’ve been in a car or truck accident:
- Call for Help: If you can, traffic accident lawyers recommend contacting emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is crucial for vehicle accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the traffic accident. Makanda, IL, vehicle accident attorneys can help you in completing this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Find a Makanda Traffic Accident Attorney: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements is not easy. A traffic accident attorney in Makanda, IL, will assist you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
Many victims of car crashes are unable to make decisions on their own due to their medical condition. This is just another reason why it’s so important to contact Makanda traffic accident attorneys as soon as possible, or ask a family member contact one. Our traffic accident lawyers in Makanda are here to help.
Common Traffic Accidents in Makanda, IL
With more than two million motor vehicle injuries every year, it is crucial to prioritize safety and good sense. Nearly 33 percent of deaths in the United States involve dangerous driving. Not driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, obeying traffic laws, not speeding, wearing a seatbelt, and avoiding distractions like cell phones can save thousands of lives every year.
Below, your Makanda traffic collision attorneys provide a few additional statistics on the five types of traffic accidents:
- Cars: As mentioned before, car accident deaths equal close to 40,000 per year. Most deaths and injuries involve wreckless or distracted driving, alcohol, and not following safety protocols. There’s also a high number of work zone accidents each year.
- Trucks: There are approximately 4,000 truck-related fatalities each year, which makes up 9 percent of all vehicle fatalities.
- Motorcycles: The majority of motorcycle fatalities and injuries involve not wearing a helmet, alcohol, or not wearing a helmet. According to HG, about 75 percent of motorcycle crashes involve other vehicles. Motorcycle fatalities are on the rise.
- Cyclists: The CDC reports that close to 467,000 cyclists are injured each year in the U.S., and 1,000 become fatalities. A critical element of bicycle safety is drivers sharing the road and following traffic laws. Bicycle accident claims are one of Dixon’s primary areas of focus.
- Pedestrian: Pedestrian fatalities account for 16 percent of roadway accidents. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, around 70,000 pedestrians are injured by motor vehicles every year, typically from head-on collisions. Pedestrian accident claims are an additional area Dixon specializes in.
The traffic accident lawyers in Makanda, IL, at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping clients with fighting these tragic cases. We know how complicated and overwhelming it is to balance opening a claim, recovery, and reaching a reasonable settlement. It is our duty to guide you through the process.
How Do I Win a Traffic Accident Case in Makanda, IL?
As a notable traffic accident lawyer in Makanda, Chris Dixon has developed a reputation on results. Pedestrian, truck, car, and bike accident victims can expect exceptional legal counsel from the Dixon Injury Firm. Here are more must-knows about traffic accident claims in Makanda:
- What does it cost to begin a traffic accident claim? Dixon offers free legal services. There’s no initial cost to potential clients. If we win the case, legal fees are paid to the Makanda traffic accident lawyer as a percentage of the reward.
- How big are settlements? Traffic accident lawyers will most likely tell you that this number varies dramatically. Comparative fault is a factor, in addition to the total amount of expenses like medical bills and lost wages. Your Makanda traffic accident attorney will work to maximize the reward.
- How long do cases take to settle? This also depends on numerous factors. The quicker you begin the process by calling Makanda traffic accident lawyers, the faster you can settle.
- How do I begin a car crash claim? It’s easy: Call a Makanda traffic lawyer today at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You have nothing to lose.
Contact Your Makanda, IL Traffic Accident Lawyer Today
Considering all the traffic accident statistics out there, there’s a chance you may be involved in one at some point. We are proud to serve clients and their families throughout Missouri and Illinois. Call us 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 for more info about our case reviews and free consultations. The Traffic Accident Lawyers in Makanda, IL, look forward to hearing from you.
Dixon Injury Firm | Traffic Accident Lawyer Service Areas
As we’ve previously mentioned, the Dixon Injury Firm offers its services to clients throughout Illinois and Missouri. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for clients — read their traffic lawyer testimonials here. We also manage a wide range of practice areas to tackle any case.