St. Elmo, IL Traffic Accident Lawyer
Chris Dixon is a professional car accident attorney in St. Elmo, IL.
Traffic Accident Lawyers in St. Elmo, IL. As one of the leading traffic accident lawyers in St. Elmo, Chris Dixon and the injury firm provide quality legal counsel to car wreck victims and their families. Chris Dixon is available to Missouri and Illinois clients, including those in St. Elmo, IL.
- The vehicle crash attorneys at Dixon provide free legal services, consultations, and case reviews to victims. Legal fees apply only when you win the case.
- A Reward for a traffic accident may include lost wages, medical bills, emotional distress, and pain and suffering. Our traffic lawyers in St. Elmo, IL, are here to assist you with maximizing your settlement.
- The reward amount in a traffic injury claim in St. Elmo may vary based on the seriousness of the damage and injury. The reward may also be adjusted depending on how “at fault” either party is.
- Over 37,000 people are killed in vehicle-related wrecks annually in the United States. Of those, approximately 134 students are killed in bus crashes and about 102,000 are injured in semi truck accidents.
- DWIs, speeding, distracted driving, and not wearing a seatbelt lead the predictive surge in car crash fatalities. Pedestrian deaths stand at 9 percent of traffic-related fatalities.
- Hiring a traffic accident attorney in St. Elmo is much more effective than fighting accident cases on your own. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for additional info about traffic accident lawyers in St. Elmo, IL, at (314) 409-7060.
Having won more than $35 million for clients and their families in St. Elmo, Illinois, and Missouri, Dixon provides effective legal representation for road traffic accident victims. If you’ve been injured in a vehicle or pedestrian accident, reach out to Chris Dixon now for advice from our traffic accident lawyers. It’s essential to contact a lawyer right away to increase your chances of winning a traffic accident case in St. Elmo, IL.
Auto Injury Lawyers in St. Elmo, IL
An important step in settling a traffic accident claim in St. Elmo is bringing on experienced legal counsel. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in a number of areas in St. Elmo. These include:
We use a contingency payment program, meaning our clients only pay a percentage of a settlement for legal services. This allows victims to hire a traffic accident lawyer and go ahead with a case without worrying about additional expenses on top of lost wages or medical bills.
Reimbursement for Winning a Traffic Accident Case
Any seasoned traffic injury attorney will tell you that rushing into a settlement is a major mistake. While it might be easier to accept an immediate settlement, St. Elmo, IL traffic accident attorneys are here to increase your payout.
According to experienced traffic accident lawyers, here are a few of the reimbursement and damages you can win in traffic claims in St. Elmo:
- Ambulance Fees
- Funeral Costs
- Pain and Suffering
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Household/Vehicle Modifications
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Career Potential
- Reduced Earning Capacity
- Loss of Joy of Life
- Punitive Damages
- Wrongful Deaths
- Court Fees
What If You’re a Victim of a Traffic Accident in St. Elmo?
In the blink of an eye can change your life and your family’s. The Traffic Accident Lawyers in St. Elmo, IL have provided four steps if you’ve been in a vehicle accident:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, traffic accident lawyers recommend that you contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s essential for car accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the traffic accident. St. Elmo, IL, vehicle accident lawyers can assist you in completing this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Contact a St. Elmo Traffic Accident Attorney: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It can be more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. A traffic accident lawyer in St. Elmo, IL, will assist you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
Many car crash victims are not able to make decisions on their own due to injuries. This is just another reason why it’s so important to call St. Elmo traffic accident attorneys as soon as possible, or have a family member contact one. Dixon’s traffic accident lawyers in St. Elmo are here to help.
Common Traffic Accidents in St. Elmo, IL
With more than two million motor vehicle injuries each year, it’s crucial to prioritize safety and good sense. Almost 33 percent of fatalities in the United States involve dangerous driving. Obeying traffic signs, wearing a seat belt, driving without distractions, and not driving drunk or under the influence of drugs can save thousands of lives every year.
Below, your St. Elmo traffic wreck lawyers provide a few more stats about the 5 types of traffic accidents:
- Cars: As mentioned before, car accident deaths equal close to 40,000 per year. Most deaths and injuries involve not following safety protocols, drugs and alcohol, and distracted driving. There are also a lot of work zone accidents each year.
- Trucks: There are approximately 4,000 truck-related fatalities each year, which makes up 9 percent of all vehicle fatalities.
- Motorcycles: The majority of motorcycle injuries and deaths involve speeding, not wearing helmets, or alcohol. According to HG, nearly 75 percent of motorcycle crashes involve other vehicles. Motorcycle fatalities are on the rise.
- Bikes: The CDC reports that close to 467,000 cyclists are injured annually in the U.S., and 1,000 become fatalities. A crucial element of cyclist safety is drivers sharing the road and following traffic laws. Bicycle accident claims are one of Dixon’s main areas of focus.
- Pedestrian: Pedestrian deaths account for 16% of roadway accidents. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, around 70,000 pedestrians are injured by motor vehicles each year, usually from head-on collisions. Pedestrian injury claims are an additional area Dixon specializes in.
The traffic accident lawyers in St. Elmo, IL, at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to assisting clients with fighting and winning these tragic cases. We understand how complicated and overwhelming it can be to balance medical recovery, starting a claim, and winning a settlement. It’s our duty to help you through the process.
How Do I Win a Traffic Accident Claim in St. Elmo, IL?
As a notable traffic accident attorney in St. Elmo, Christopher Dixon has developed a reputation on results. Car, truck, bike, and pedestrian accident victims can expect exceptional legal representation from the Dixon Injury Firm. Here are more must-knows about traffic accident claims in St. Elmo:
- What does it cost to begin an injury claim? The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal services. There is no initial cost to new clients. If you win the case, legal fees are paid to the St. Elmo traffic accident lawyer as a percentage of the reward.
- How big are settlements? Traffic accident lawyers will likely tell you that this number differs dramatically. Comparative fault is a factor, as well as the total amount of medical bills, lifestyle damage, and other expenses. Your St. Elmo traffic accident lawyer will work to maximize the settlement.
- How long do cases take to settle? This also varies on a number of factors. The sooner you start the process by calling St. Elmo traffic accident lawyers, the faster you can reach a settlement.
- How do I open a car crash case? It is easy: Contact a St. Elmo traffic attorney today at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. There’s nothing to lose.
Contact Your St. Elmo, IL Traffic Accident Lawyer Today
Considering all the traffic accident statistics out there, there’s a chance you may be involved in one at some point. We are proud to serve clients and their families throughout Missouri and Illinois. Reach out to the Dixon Injury Firm 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 for additional info about our case reviews and free consultations. Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in St. Elmo, IL, look forward to hearing from you.
Dixon Injury Firm | Traffic Accident Lawyer Service Areas
As we’ve previously mentioned, the Dixon Injury Firm offers its services to clients throughout Missouri and Illinois. We’ve won more than $35 million for clients — read their traffic lawyer testimonials here. We also manage a wide range of practice areas to tackle any case.