Wood River, IL Traffic Accident Lawyer
Dixon is a trusted car accident attorney in Wood River, IL.
Traffic Accident Lawyers in Wood River, IL. As one of the leading traffic accident lawyers in Wood River, Christopher Dixon and his personal injury firm provide quality legal representation to traffic wreck victims and/or their families. The Dixon Injury Firm is available to Missouri and Illinois clients, plus clients and their families in Wood River, IL.
- The vehicle wreck lawyers at Dixon provide free legal services, consultations, and case reviews to injured victims. Legal service fees apply if we win the case.
- Compensation for a traffic accident often includes wages lost from time off work, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. Dixon Injury Firm’s car accident attorneys in Wood River, IL, will help maximize your settlement.
- The settlement in a traffic injury claim in Wood River depends on the seriousness of the damage and injury. Reimbursement may be adjusted based upon how “at fault” either party is.
- More than 37,000 people are killed in traffic-related accidents each year in the United States. Of those, approximately 134 students are killed in bus accidents and approximately 102,000 are injured in large truck accidents.
- DWIs, speeding, distracted driving, and not wearing a seatbelt lead the predictive surge in car accident fatalities. Pedestrian deaths are nearly 10 percent of traffic-related fatalities.
- Taking on a traffic accident lawyer in Wood River is much more effective than winning claims by yourself. Call Chris Dixon today for more information about traffic accident lawyers in Wood River, IL, at (314) 409-7060.
Having won over $50 million for clients in Wood River, Illinois, and Missouri, Dixon provides effective legal counsel for vehicle accident victims. If you have been injured in a road accident, talk to us today for advice from our traffic accident lawyers. It is vital to contact an attorney as soon as possible to better the likelihood of winning a traffic accident case in Wood River, IL.
Vehicle Injury Attorneys in Wood River, IL
An important phase in settling a traffic accident claim in Wood River is bringing on professional legal help. The Dixon Injury Firm specializes in a variety of areas in Wood River, including:
We use a contingency payment program, meaning our clients only have to pay a portion the reward if we win the case. This allows victims and their families to hire a traffic accident lawyer and move ahead with a claim without worrying about additional expenses on top of medical bills, burial fees, or lost wages.
Damages Paid for Winning a Traffic Accident Claim
Any experienced traffic injury attorney will let you know that rushing into a settlement is a big mistake. While it might be tempting to accept an immediate settlement, Wood River, IL traffic accident lawyers are here to increase your payout.
According to experienced traffic accident lawyers, here are a few of the reimbursement and damages you can win in traffic claims in Wood River:
- Ambulance Fees
- Funeral Costs
- Pain and Suffering
- Physical Therapy
- Household/Vehicle Modifications
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Career Potential
- Reduced Earning Capacity
- Hedonic Damages
- Punitive Damages
- Wrongful Deaths
- Court Fees
What To Do If You’re a Victim of a Traffic Accident in Wood River?
Turning your eyes away from the road for just a second can change your life and the lives of your family. The Traffic Accident Lawyers in Wood River, IL have provided 4 steps if you have been in a car or truck accident:
- Call for Help: If you can, traffic accident lawyers recommend that you contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Get Medical Attention: It is very important for vehicle accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the traffic accident. Wood River, IL, vehicle accident lawyers can help you with this important. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Find a Wood River Traffic Accident Attorney: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. A traffic accident attorney in Wood River, IL, will help you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
Many victims of vehicle crashes are not able to make decisions on their own due to their medical condition. This is just another reason why it’s so important to call Wood River traffic accident lawyers as soon as you’re able to, or have a family member reach out to one. Dixon’s traffic accident lawyers in Wood River can help.
Common Traffic Accidents in Wood River, IL
With more than 2 million motor vehicle injuries each year, it’s essential to prioritize good sense and safety. Nearly one-third of deaths in the U.S. involve risky driving. Seat belts, obeying speed limits and traffic signs, not driving while impaired, and driving without distractions can save thousands of lives every year.
Below, your Wood River traffic crash attorneys offer up a few more stats on the 5 types of traffic accidents:
- Cars: As mentioned above, car accident deaths equal almost 40,000 per year. Most deaths and injuries involve not following safety protocols, drugs and alcohol, and distracted driving. There’s also a lot of work zone accidents per year.
- Trucks: There are more than 4,000 truck-related fatalities each year, which makes up 10-11 percent of all vehicle deaths.
- Motorcycles: Most motorcycle fatalities and injuries involve not wearing a helmet, alcohol, or not wearing a helmet. According to HG, about 75 percent of motorcycle wrecks involve other vehicles. Motorcycle fatalities are on the rise.
- Cyclists: The CDC reports that almost half a million cyclists are injured each year in the U.S., and 1,000 become fatalities. A critical element of bicycle safety is drivers sharing the road and following traffic laws. Bicycle accident claims are one of Dixon’s main areas of focus.
- Pedestrian: Pedestrian fatalities account for 16 percent of roadway accidents. The IIHS, nearly 70,000 pedestrians are injured by motor vehicles every year, typically from head-on collisions. Pedestrian accident claims are an additional area we specialize in.
The traffic accident lawyers in Wood River, IL, at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to assisting victims and their families with fighting and winning these tragic cases. We understand how overwhelming and complicated it can be to balance opening a claim, recovery, and reaching a reasonable settlement. It’s our duty to guide you through the process.
How Do I Win a Traffic Accident Case in Wood River, IL?
As a notable traffic accident lawyer in Wood River, Christopher Dixon has built a reputation on results. Bike, pedestrian, car, and truck accident victims can expect professional legal counsel from the Dixon Injury Firm. Here are more must-knows about traffic accident claims in Wood River:
- How much does it cost to open a traffic accident claim? Dixon offers free legal services. There’s no initial cost to potential clients. If you win the case, legal fees are paid to the Wood River traffic accident lawyer as a percentage of the reward.
- What is the payout if I win? Traffic accident lawyers will most likely tell you this number varies dramatically. Comparative fault is a factor, as well as the total amount of medical bills, lifestyle damage, and other expenses. Your Wood River traffic accident lawyer works to maximize the reward.
- How long do cases take to settle? This also depends on numerous factors. The quicker you begin the process by calling Wood River traffic accident lawyers, the faster you can settle.
- How do I open a traffic accident claim? It’s simple: Contact a Wood River traffic attorney today at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You have nothing to lose.
Call Your Wood River, IL Traffic Accident Lawyer Today
Between the traffic accident statistics available, there is a chance you may be involved in one at some point. We are proud to serve clients and their families throughout Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 for more info about our case reviews and free consultations. The Traffic Accident Lawyers in Wood River, IL, look forward to hearing from you.
Dixon Injury Firm | Traffic Accident Lawyer Service Areas
As mentioned above, the Dixon Injury Firm offers its services to clients throughout Missouri and Illinois. We’ve won upwards of $50 million for clients — read their traffic lawyer reviews here. We also have a wide range of practice areas to tackle any case.