Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Benton, IL
Contact our head and brain injury attorneys in Benton, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Benton, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to head and brain injury victims and their families. We’ve recovered more than $35 millions in case victories and compensation. Our Benton, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers are dedicated to providing effective representation and real results. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to learn more about our practice areas and capabilities. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury attorneys have helped numerous victims and their families fight and win cases. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free case review and consultation. Here are a few quick facts about traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- There are more than 2.8 million TBI ER visits each year. Close to half of all TBI or severe head injury patients require surgery, according to the NIH.
- While a large percentage of traumatic brain injuries are caused in sporting accidents and falls, there are more than 290,000 vehicle-related brain injuries each year.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, common symptoms of a brain-related injury include nausea or vomiting, speech problems, sleep difficulties, dizziness, loss of conciousness, and others based on the injury.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are more than 55,000 TBI-related deaths each year. The most common include unintentional falls, car crashes, and self-harm.
A serious head injury can cause a lot of stress on victims and their families. Medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, discomfort, and other life-changing factors cause financial and personal burdens. The Dixon Injury Firm’s traumatic brain injury lawyers in Benton, IL, work with victims to get fair compensation.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you suffered head trauma from a car accident, were in a sports injury, or have TBI from some other incident, it’s important to get medical help as soon as possible. If you’re going to pursue compensation, it’s important to have those medical records even if the injury seems minor. There are various types of TBIs, namely the ones listed here:
- Hematomas — Ranging from minor to severe, hematomas are one of the more common types of brain injuries. The main types include intracranial, epidural, and subdural hematomas.
- Hemorrhaging — Hemorrhagic strokes, according to the American Stroke Association, happen when a blood vessle ruptures. These can cause loss of consciousness, blurred vision, headaches, seizures, and other symptoms.
- Skull Fractures — There are a couple of different types of skull fractures: minor, linear, depressed, and basilar. Any one of these can lead to a number of brain injuries and other medical conditions.
- Ischemic Stroke — More common than hemorrhagic strokes, ischemic strokes can cause serious cellular-level brain damage. Symptoms can include numbness, loss of vision, confusion, slurred speech, and headaches, and others.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries — Diffuse axonal injuries are usually caused by rapid movement (car accidents) or falls. Victims may require physical therapy, conseling, adaptive equipment, and occupational therapy, and other aids due to these serious injuries.
Whether you or a family member suffers from head trauma in a car accident or on a football field, it’s important to contact our Benton, IL, TBI lawyers. We will take your case to trial if necessary and help you recover damages.
Do You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
If you’ve been in an accident and have a TBI, there are still a few things you would have to prove to win a claim. There are four basic elements of negligence to determine if you have a valid claim due to another party’s negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Benton, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated.
Your Benton, IL, Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a family member have suffered from a traumatic brain injury, it is crucial to reach out and contact a local law firm right away. The Dixon Injury Firm has represented clients in a number of cases. It’s our job to provide aid and to help you through the claims process or go to court when a settlement can’t be reached with the negligent party.
Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Benton, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.