Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Brownstown, IL
Contact our head and brain injury attorneys in Brownstown, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Brownstown, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to head and brain injury victims. We’ve recovered more than $35,000,000 in case victories and compensation. Our Brownstown, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers are dedicated to providing effective representation and real results. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to learn more about our practice areas and capabilities. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury lawyers have helped numerous victims and their families fight and win cases. Don’t hesitate to contact our firm for a free case review and consultation. Here are a few quick facts about traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- There are about 2.8 million traumatic brain injury ER visits annually. Close to half of all TBI or severe head injury patients require surgery, according to the NIH.
- While a large percentage of traumatic brain injuries are caused in sporting accidents and falls, there are more than 290,000 vehicle-related brain injuries every year.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, the most common symptoms of a brain-related injury include nausea or vomiting, speech problems, sleep difficulties, dizziness, loss of conciousness, and others based on the injury.
- According to the CDC, there are more than 55,000 traumatic brain injury-related deaths each year. The most common include unintentional falls, vehicle crashes, and self-harm.
If you’re in an accident and have a serious head injury, it can cause a lot of stress on your family. Pain and suffering, not being able to work, hospital bills, and other life-changing factors cause financial and personal burdens. The Dixon Injury Firm’s traumatic brain injury lawyers in Brownstown, IL, work with victims to get fair compensation.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you suffered head trauma from a car accident, were in a sports injury, or have TBI from some other incident, it’s important to get medical help as soon as possible. Even if the injury seems minor, medical records will go a long way if you’re going to open an injury claim. There are various types of TBIs, most notably the ones listed below:
- Hematomas — Hematomas are one of the most common types of brain injuries and can range from minor to severe. The main types include intracranial, epidural, and subdural hematomas.
- Hemorrhaging — Hemorrhagic strokes, according to the ASA, occur when a blood vessle ruptures. These may cause decreased mobility, speaking difficulties, nausea or vomiting, and other symptoms.
- Skull Fractures — There are a couple of different types of skull fractures: minor, linear, depressed, and basilar. Any one of these can lead to a number of brain injuries and other medical conditions.
- Ischemic Stroke — More common than hemorrhagic strokes, ischemic strokes can cause serious cellular-level brain damage. Symptoms may include blurred vision, trouble speaking, poor comprehension, numbness, and others.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries — Diffuse axonal injuries are typically caused by rapid movement (car accidents) or falls. Victims may require occupational and physical therapy, emotional counseling, special equipment, and other aids due to these serious injuries.
Whether you or a family member suffers from head trauma in a motorcycle accident or on a football field, it’s crucial to reach out to our Brownstown, IL, TBI lawyers. We will take your case to trial if necessary and help you recover damages.
Do You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
There are a number of required things you’ll need to prove if you’ve been in an accident and have a traumatic brain injury. There are four basic elements of negligence to determine if you have a valid claim due to someone’s negligence:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for instance, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Brownstown, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed.
Your Brownstown, IL, Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a family member were in an accident and have a TBI, it is essential to reach out and contact a local law firm right away. The Dixon Injury Firm has represented clients in a number of cases. It’s our job to provide aid and to help you through the claims process or go to court when a settlement can’t be reached with the negligent party.
Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Brownstown, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.