Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Cahokia, IL
Contact our head and brain injury attorneys in Cahokia, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Cahokia, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to head and brain injury victims and their families. We’ve recovered more than $35,000,000 in case victories and compensation. Our Cahokia, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers are dedicated to providing effective representation and real results. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to learn more about our practice areas and capabilities. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury lawyers have helped numerous victims and their families fight and win cases. Don’t hesitate to contact our firm for a free case review and consultation. Here are a few quick facts about traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- There are more than 2.8 million traumatic brain injury emergency room visits each year. Close to half of all TBI or severe head injury patients require surgery, according to the NIH.
- While a high number of TBIs are related to falls or sporting accidents, there are more than 290,000 vehicle-related brain injuries every year.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, common symptoms of a brain-related injury include nausea or vomiting, speech problems, sleep difficulties, dizziness, loss of conciousness, and others based on the injury.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are more than 55,000 TBI-related deaths every year. The most common include unintentional falls, vehicle crashes, and self-harm.
A serious head injury can cause a lot of stress on victims and their families. Medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, discomfort, and other life-changing factors cause financial and personal burdens. The Dixon Injury Firm’s traumatic brain injury lawyers in Cahokia, IL, work with victims to get fair compensation.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you suffered head trauma from a car accident, were in a sports injury, or have TBI from some other incident, it is important to get medical help as soon as possible. If you’re going to pursue compensation, it’s important to have those medical records even if the injury seems minor. There are various types of TBIs, namely the ones listed here:
- Hematomas — Ranging from minor to severe, hematomas are one of the more common types of brain injuries. The main types include intracranial, epidural, and subdural hematomas.
- Hemorrhaging — Hemorrhagic strokes, according to the ASA, occur if a blood vessle ruptures. This can cause decreased mobility, speaking difficulties, nausea or vomiting, and other symptoms.
- Skull Fractures — There are a couple of different types of skull fractures: minor, linear, depressed, and basilar. Any one of these can lead to a number of brain injuries and medical conditions.
- Ischemic Stroke — More common than hemorrhagic strokes, ischemic strokes can cause serious cellular-level brain damage. Symptoms may include numbness, loss of vision, confusion, slurred speech, and headaches, and others.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries — Diffuse axonal injuries are usually caused by rapid movement (car accidents) or falls. Victims may require physical therapy, conseling, adaptive equipment, and occupational therapy, and other aids due to these serious injuries.
Whether you or a family member suffers from head trauma in a motorcycle accident or on a football field, it’s essential to contact the Dixon Injury Firm’s Cahokia, IL, TBI lawyers. Our firm can help you recover damages and negotiate with insurance companies, or even escalate a claim to a case.
Do You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
There are a number of required things you’ll need to prove if you’ve been in an accident and have a traumatic brain injury. There are 4 basic elements of negligence to determine whether or not you have a valid claim due to another party’s negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Cahokia, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated.
Your Cahokia, IL, Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a family member were in an accident and have a TBI, it is important to reach out and contact a local law firm right away. The Dixon Injury Firm has represented clients in a number of cases. It’s our duty to provide aid and to help you through the claims process or go to court if a fair settlement can’t be reached.
Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Cahokia, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.